Two PhD scholarships are available through the School of Environmental Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Albury, Australia to investigate aspects of fish and food webs in Murray-Darling Basin rivers:
- Trophic dynamics of native and non-native fishes of the Murray-Darling Basin
- Maternal environment and trait effects on offspring survival in freshwater fishes
Advertiser: Charles Sturt University
Location: Albury, NSW Australia
Salary: Stipend: $27,082 (tax free) per year over 3 years
Two exciting opportunities exist to carry out a PhD project in the School of Environmental Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Albury NSW Australia. The scholarships are available to support Post Graduate students undertaking research projects that include, but are not limited to:
- Field and laboratory studies focused on trophic interactions between invasive common carp and native fishes;
- Stable isotope and fatty acid analyses on fish tissues;
- Statistical modelling of food web interactions;
- Laboratory experiments examining variation in growth and survival of larvae;
- Global desktop analyses of fish traits using large databases
As well as an annual stipend ($27,082) and operating funds (up to $5000 per year) to support travel and fieldwork, successful applicants will have the opportunity to engage with natural resource managers and scientists at other research organisations to develop their respective projects. If successful, tuition and fees will be covered by the scholarship for a period of three years.
Potential candidates will need a First Class Honours, or a Masters degree with a research component.
Send an expression interest (including a CV and a cover letter) outlining your experience and research interests to Dr R. Keller Kopf, Charles Sturt University: email: email@example.com (phone: 02 6051 9294). Applicants are encouraged to visit the Institute for Land Water and Society Fish Ecology Collaborative Research Unit webpage and contact R. Keller Kopf before submitting an expression interest.
Successful applicants will need to apply through Charles Sturt University for a relevant scholarship for doctoral studies e.g. Australian Post Graduate Award (APA), ILWS or International Postgraduate Research Scholarship. Further details are at: http://www.csu.edu.au/research/scholarships
Expressions of interest close 24 October 2017.